Saturday, June 3, 2017

Vermiculture is so cool!

I chose vermiculture as my research proposal, I have seen the worms box on campus with a class and I feel so impressed to see the great power generated by those little worms. A research should be related to something interesting or the whole research project will just be way too boring. Actually there are so many interesting articles on the internet about vermiculture, but most of them are about the good points of it. But I know it has some problems too, so I shift to twitter and some blog post about the people who really keep a worms box in their home. I found the advantage of the vermiculture -- using biology to decompose, takes less time and cause less pollution. The problem is that it is hard to control the amount of food putting in or it will generate odor.

And it is my first time doing educational piece. It is not hard to do the research but it is hard to have an educational piece related to the research as I want to make it more understandable. I used pictures and some really easy sentences to explain it. And I know a lot of my friends speaks Chinese, and during my research, I found that there is not technique about worms box in China. China, as a country with the second large population in the world, really need that technique. I checked on the internet, and learned that the worms in the box are red worms and about how to DIY a worm box.

Hopefully my education piece based on my research will help creating a better world.

No comments:

Post a Comment