Saturday, June 3, 2017

Get Reusable Containers!

Blog Post 2
Anqi Zu

The sustainability related event that I chose to attend this quarter was held by my friend Rebecca, called the Bulk Foods Event. It combined both the elements I liked -- sustainability and food. They asked others to bring their own reusable container and offered free food in return. I went there when they were almost finished as I have a class before that. Luckily, I got early dismissal. The chocolate they offered is really nice and putting them in a cup with W on it is really cool!

And I know they want to prompt using reusable containers and using plastic containers have really huge impact to the environment. Plastic stuff gets dumped in the landfill, and piles up to being trash mountains. Even using paper bags consume a great amount of wood which is made by trees. Actually using reusable containers will cause little impact to the environment as if we used and store them properly, it can be used for decades. And actually if we consider the cost, using reusable containers are a lot cheaper than the one time options.

Hopefully there will be more events like that on our campus and make more people know about our sustainable related daily activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment