Friday, May 19, 2017

Promoting isn't easy!


(DRAFT) Blog Post #2
 
     Jasmine Velasquez again! Here to tell you about my CBLR experience. I was so nervous to go to my orientation because I did not know what to expect or what I would be doing. At the orientation there was a lot said that had to be done for Earth Week, but I knew I could do it. After all, it was awesome experiencing my first internship at the Sustainability Office with Cassie and Alexa. Throughout I learned a lot, from doing a garbage sort with a class to learning how to create posters using Canva (online design website). I created my first poster for the Food Forest event where students were invited to go and plant a variety of different vegetables.
/Users/jasminevelasquez/Desktop/Screen Shot 2017-04-08 at 3.27.22 PM.png(This was the poster)
      During the promotional event for Earth Week, my poster was one of the posters that were picked up by students the most. At this event, it was a lot of advertising for each event that would be going on during Earth Week. It was difficult because to begin with there weren’t many students and it was raining. Having tea, coffee, and hot chocolate helped us because students started coming towards our table and we were able to promote each event. After talking to a few students it became a lot easier for me to interact with other students. As a result, this was really beneficial because a lot of students visited our Sustainability Office booth.
 
This was my CBLR experience, stay tuned to see what other CBLR students did!

No comments:

Post a Comment